2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
192 Posts
i personally think that trolling @ low speeds with my 12 gauge is the best way to get my limits of flyin fish in the boat. its just like shooting clay pigeons, except 1 difference, fish bits taste better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A long handle scoop net with a green swordlight is the best way to catch live flyers. You can also get frozen flyers from baitmasters in Florida. A good insurance policy is to keep some Ballistic Flying Fish handy in case the live flyers prove to be elusive.

·
Registered
564 Posts
They are really good eating. When I was on a destroyer in the pacific, when I got off midwatch at 4am I would take a bucket and walk the main deck collecting the fresh ones. Take them to the filipino cooks and eat some fresh fish for a change. They loved me for it too. I always got the biggest portions in chow line.

I would be remiss not to add the way they cooked small fish isn't for the timid.
Pan seared, whole. Scales, guts, and all. The skin just peeled off easily. They liked to suck the eyeballs out of the head. I always gave my fish head to them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts