2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I Know What You Have in Mind

Thinking ahead for that next Tuna trip, aren't ya. Good luck. I don't think anyone catches or can catch them. But from experiencing how hard you fish, maybe a dozen or so well fly into the boat next time. Hopefully I'm there to watch you do it.

Bernard

·
Registered
243 Posts
The big online line bait sites that sell ballyhoo also sell flyingfish, eg. baitmasters. They are $3-4 per bait, which is not that bad, but the shipping is well over $50 to Texas. Most of these places are in Floriday and they ship the bait overnight on dry ice.

Mark

·
Registered
846 Posts
Jeff,

We talked about this a while ago, but the thread search isn't going back that far. You had pictures and other info posted. Can you re-up that here?

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Maybe I need to start carrying a butterfly net.

I have been wondering about flying fish. I see alot of them when I am running out. I have been told that if you see them in the area there are fish. Should I start trolling in an area where I see flying fish.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
lights

Anyone interested in underwater lights mounted thru hull in your boat please call me at 713 299-1621.
I am fishing this afternoon and all weekend. If You get my voicemail please leave me a message.
They really do work.
Currently installed in:
Turner Loose 53 Viking
Billy B Merit?
Pass it On
Nemises 65 Buddy Davis
Aggrevated 36 Contender
Cookin 46 Post
Gone Fishin 46 1/2 Bertram
Cha Ching 31 Cabo
Cha Ching 2 27 Contender
Wildcat3 46 Post
Catch 22 27 Triton
Breakaway Cruises Dolphin watching and sport fishing boats in Pt. Isabell
and a few others.
Insallation is simple and available.

Thank You,

Jeff Gerrans

713 299-1621

·
Registered
197 Posts
michaelbaranowski-

We used the yummee flying fish lures on a 60 hr trip last week. Do they work? yes they do. You should rig them yourself with hook of choice, but I would add a stinger hook for better hook up ratio. The guys at Dolphin Docks in Port Aransas love them.

We only casted them to busting fish. I will have some for my next trip out for sure.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I was on the boat with Ross and used one. It worked, but like he said rig it with a stinger. They seem to only be good for a few fish. The wings on mine are about to come off. I would guess they are good for 4 to 5 fish.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'd be happy with 4-5 Yellow Fin for a $15 oversized gummy bear. :)

Found some frozen flyers 6"-8" long for about $4 each including shipping. Not bad if you consider they last about 20 seconds in front of a hungry yellow fin. The boy genius found them and is ready to deal if anyone wants to put in an order for some.

We need to buy 90 baits to make an order so if your interested in some contact David "reelbigfish" on this board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts