2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
I like the photo comp, but it looks a little flat to my eyes in that the highlights are subdued and there is room to spread out the contrast range a bit. I took the liberty of making an edit to show you what I mean. I did two things to the image:
Made a levels adjustment to move spread the highlights out more to the right of the histogram, even clipping them a bit. Second was a local contrast enhancement by applying an unsharp mask with a large radius (22 pixels), but small amount (23%) with a threshold of 0. You can even apply that same mask one or two times more and get a little more pop. On my monitor, this edit has a bit more pop to it than the original. But, its all subjective and whatever looks best to you is what really matters.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I guess I don't have an eye for certain things as I see absolutely no difference in these two photos,could it be these lens implants I'm sporting from catarac surgery a few years ago?

dick

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
I'm looking at this again on my MAC vs my PC, and now the original looks better than mine. My edit has blown highlights in the middle of the top flower and the original now has plenty of "pop". I guess it's time for me to recalibrate my PC monitor's gamma setting.

·
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same problem with my office monitor, its not calibrated and sometimes things look a bit soft and flat. I kinda like the extra pop you did, but I see the flowers are a bit blown out in the second one.
Hey, no problem here, I enjoy seeing what you have in suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts