2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Catch Big Backbreakers! I believe we are going to be in that neighborhood this weekend and will let you know whats happening in the hood.

team notorious said:
that's a long run in the summer to catch what??

·
Registered
624 Posts
tpool said:
All I have ever heard of in the summer is sharks at the FG's......
You heard wrong. We catch billfish, dorado, wahoo (lots and lots of wahoo), and blackfin all around the gardens in the dead of summer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
FG's

I hear of fishing reports at the Flower Gardens. I also hear that it is a fish sanctuary. Does the fishing go on at the reefs per sey, or outside the sanctuary. Just curious.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Noahs Ark said:
I hear of fishing reports at the Flower Gardens. I also hear that it is a fish sanctuary. Does the fishing go on at the reefs per sey, or outside the sanctuary. Just curious.
A fishing sanctuary does not allow spear gun fishing, hook and line is fine. I'm sure any dive boat will frown on you for bringing up their pets though.

http://www.flowergarden.nos.noaa.gov/regs/welcome.html

Victor

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I know of the hot Wahoo bite in the spring, but was unaware of it in the dead of summer...Will have to check that out!!!

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
Jfreeman said:
The flower gardens suck, the fishing is terrible all year long. Don't waste your gas running out there.
That just blew the whistle:biggrin: .....we've all seen your reports Jeff.

Brian

·
Registered
335 Posts
Make the run to Bullwienkle it's a floater, there were schools of 500-700 lb blues stacked up on it two weeks ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All over the board...

Maybe JFreeman thinks it is really great not guard dog picture!!! I may still try it this summer. CaptnKirk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts