2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys and gulls:cheers:
i just talked with kim about the 2 flounderstix for the tournament that i will be donating,:texasflag . what i would like to know from you guys and gulls, would you like med action or med hvy act? remember the spiral is going to give you a better feel on the bite, and med hvy is going to lock the jaw on flat face.
so you can have med hvy for the lock or you can have med hvy for the bite.
also think 7ftr would work? post up so i can get things rolling she needs the rods yesterday.
thanks
flounderstix :brew2:

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
You know me, Billy. I like 'em LIGHT! :D I'm catchin' fish, not playin' pool. ;) 'course now I don't expect to actually win, yet another BillyStix rod but you asked for opinions. Now you have mine. Hope to see you there. :)

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Well Billy like I was sayin yesterday, I always like the med-heavy so I know Im not gonna max the rod when I need to pull em out of pilons(sp?). But I think you askin this question is good as to find out what the masses say.Well thats my 2 cents, lets hear from yall. Good talkin to ya last night Billy, oh and I take it your boss let you off to come down LOL...............later,Dave

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
win rod

hi jack and ho!:texasflag
i am not totally sure about how the flounder stix contest is going to work.
i think 1 stix will be a raffle and the other stix will be included in first place prize, but do not quote me on that.
i just wanted to build the best rod i could so yalllllllll will be happy.
stix
ps gotta get back to working on hosssss rod, i have the butt wrap and the spiral completed so its moving along.
stix:brew2:

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Sweet thats always good to hear Billy,I cant wait oh and what line weight do you recomed? Is this one like the one Molly is holding...............................later,Dave

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Billy, one is going on display at Galveston Yacht Basin to be raffled off and the other is going to be one of the prizes. One of each probably would be best. Any way it goes down, someone is going to catch a $1000 flounder on Nov. 13th.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Hey Mont I could use some more info on the 13th. LIke when, what,and where? Or a link if ya got one.................later,Dave

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Dave, we are still working on the details, but the SCA Fall Flounder Tourney will be held November 13th, at Galveston Yacht Basin. Kim (Reel Woman) and I will be at the ramp all day taking entries and such. Look for a big white tent to the right of the ramp and that's us. Just as soon as we put the final details together, I will post up with an announcement. Black Salty, Billystix, the 610 Radio show and others are pitching in, and first prize is $1000 bucks.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Cool Im gonna try to make that, whats the entry? If ya got that far yet.....................later,Dave

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting Ready To Start Rod Work

HI MONT
JUST TALKED WITH KIM.
SHE THINKS YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE THE 2 RODS FOR THE TOURNAMENT AT THE BANQUET FOR EXPOUSER?
ALSO INDICATED THAT A ROD FOR THE BANQUET WOULD BE NICE AS WELL.
SO I NEED TO GET TO YOU 3 RODS IN TIME FOR THE BANQUET WHICH IS OCT THE 16 TH CORRECT?
THIS WOULD BE IN TIME TO PROMOTE THE TOURNEY .
LATER
STIX:texasflag

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
eesh! am i diferant or what? I would want a med/light at the heaviest in 6'9" at the longest..........I like 'em short and limp....I supoose yall think im wierd. LOL...but hey... I like a fight and not like to over power them flatties.....Ive lost more flatties at the net with a stiff ro than a soft rod.....besides we aint goin after 36" flounder..........JJ

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
hey JJ, you may not be going after a 36" flattie, but I SURE AM! lol however, i do prefer a medium rod over a medium heavy. 7' is ok with me. the flounderstix billy built for me last year is a medium action rod, not sure if its 7' or 6'9 or so. whatever it is, im telling you it is one heck of a flounder rod. also a great all around rod, and has plenty of backbone. lots of times i have to lead a fish to the net and net it myself, and a real wimpy rod just doesnt cut it in that situation. sometimes a long rod makes that a little harder too, for those of us that have short arms LOL.

anyway, thats my .02 cents

trudy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts