2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Galbayfisher
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dance: Now that Ike has come and gone, can the season still be salvaged?

For those with no boat, how, when and where?

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
seawolf park in galveston , i know my little honey hole was in the ship channel and the spot was destroyed, dont know but doubt it will be repaired in time for this season, maybe i can hitch a ride to kill a dear

·
Flounderchaser
351 Posts
Usually I have done my Fall flounder fishing in late October through mid December. I don't think we've missed anything...it's just a little early...and new spots will be discovered with a little research/work! Not to worry!

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
if you have a disabilty and you fish off a private pier and its gone = worry but i aint worried about it theres always next (maybe if another shhhh comes this way) year but i will make a prediction now ,, i think it will be one of the best years ever but someone probably predictics that anyway every year !

·
Galbayfisher
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wondering. will we be able to get on either end of the island by mid to late October. Ferry's out (?) wondering about Bolivar and/or Rollover.

I am thinking down the coast to Matagorda. Never fished there.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Do you think flounder are safe to eat? Probably a lot of diesel/sewage/dead animals in the water...

Not trying to insult anyone or stir the pot. I'm new to fishing and I'm ignorant...would you feed your children fish that came out of GalBay? Oysters? Crabs?

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
they will wait for several months to come out with all the studies telling us we shouldnt be eating those fish anyway

·
Typical Texan
8,415 Posts
I'd wager that the heavy rains after Ike and a few weeks of the influx of tides would be enough to cycle any thing out of the water that wasn't already there.

Although "thousands" of dead animals sounds like a lot, it isn't much really considering the volume of water in comparison. Crabs will just be a little better fed than normal. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts