2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the status of SeaWolf Park after Ike? I have looked at the Galveston Daily News site, and googled, but not much info out there.

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
i would guess it's still early fo the run, but in about a month when they really start to move it would seem most of the mess should be taken care of, if not this will be the first time in a long time i haven't chased em.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I've been advised by people in the petrochemical industry that it might not be a good idea to eat any fish out of there for a while. **** shame cuz that was my spot. Just think about all the oil and gas that got out of those boats being tossed around..Not to mention what got away from the oil industry out there.Out of curiosity I want to go check it out, but I've got a feeling that whole complex is toast for a while. Maybe someone from Texas Parks and Wildlife could chime in...

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
gonna be ok

Dipsay said:
I've been advised by people in the petrochemical industry that it might not be a good idea to eat any fish out of there for a while. **** shame cuz that was my spot. Just think about all the oil and gas that got out of those boats being tossed around..Not to mention what got away from the oil industry out there.Out of curiosity I want to go check it out, but I've got a feeling that whole complex is toast for a while. Maybe someone from Texas Parks and Wildlife could chime in...
we got the flushin we needed! what comes in must go out tides will handle this. gonna be RIGHT ON !

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I hope so cuz...GOD do I love my Flounder! lol Bring it on!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
yeah those 5500 dead cattle in the bay will get flushed right out. Personally I would head east or west to a cut and you should do fine. Brazos river used to be one of my favorites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts