2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have only been fishing the Texas coast for about 4 years. It seems every year I intend to fish the flounder run, but every year I get too involved at my hunting lease and before you know it everyone tells me it already happened. But this year is different, because I bought a boat! Maybe this year, I will take one of those two eight pointers I let walk last year, so I can get to the water. Typically, when is the flounder run? (Texas City, Galveston, Eagle point area). As everyone knows...we have had a crazy amount of rain this year. How do you think it will affect the timing and amount of fish for the run?

Thanks!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Iam74Gibson said:
Well, I have only been fishing the Texas coast for about 4 years. It seems every year I intend to fish the flounder run, but every year I get too involved at my hunting lease and before you know it everyone tells me it already happened. But this year is different, because I bought a boat! Maybe this year, I will take one of those two eight pointers I let walk last year, so I can get to the water. Typically, when is the flounder run? (Texas City, Galveston, Eagle point area). As everyone knows...we have had a crazy amount of rain this year. How do you think it will affect the timing and amount of fish for the run?

Thanks!
Dont worry about the Flounder run. Thats over rated IMO.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Flounder and Croaker run is usually Oct-November depending on the water temps. Once it starts cooling off, the fish stage at the passes. I think the water temps is approx. 70 degrees to start pushing them out.

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
what flounder? there's flounder in texas bays?
keep it quite the others might hear you. the run from what i heard, from the old pharts retirement corner, will kick off somtime around labor day and ends about the second week in dec. with the hot and heavy times in late oct. into nov. i don't start going after them untill novemeber though. and the best days to go in my opinions is thanksgiving and christmas. no crowds, and nobody to worry about.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Slime-N-None, You forgot about the cold wet rainie foggy wind blowin days. Only vetterns out on thoes days.

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,447 Posts
Funny you asked that

Got to www.panews.com and read Chester Moore's article from yesterday. The article is titled, "Freshwater not affecting flounder". Chester is considered a flounder expert and him and Skip have studied flounder behavior at Sabine. By the reports, and the fish that Skip has been catching, freshwater is a non issue at Sabine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts