2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dialed-In Adventures
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law just got back from iraq for 2 weeks and he wanted to go catch his first ever flounder. He is from Jefferson so he is use to fishing for bass and crappie and had no idea how to fish for the flatties so I broke down and bought live bait so he could for sure catch some flounder. We bought a pint of shrimp and I rigged him up with a 1/8oz. egg weight with a single bead then a swivel with about a 10 inch leader with a #8 trouble hook. It only took 15 min. before he was hooked up into his first flounder and it was a keeper. The fishing was hot all day we must have caught a total of 60 fish from 8-23 inches. I wanted him to just keep on fishing so we threw all the fish back until the big girls started biting. We started fishing at 7 and left the water at 130 with 9 out of the 10 fish in the 19-23 inch range and 1 at 17. I was fishing a tandom rig with a 1/8 oz. on the top rig and a 1/4 oz on the bottom line with two stanley wedge tails in electric blue/chart. and limetreuse and firetail.

Attachments

·
cluck, cluck
274 Posts
Great job Shrimptail_Hunter and I don't mean the fishing, but taking a warrior fishing. Thank your brother-in-law for me, it's because of folks like him that this country is great and free.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Great job Shrimptail_Hunter and I don't mean the fishing, but taking a warrior fishing. Thank your brother-in-law for me, it's because of folks like him that this country is great and free.
X2 Great of you to take him fishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts