2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a stupid quesiton but I will ask anyway. Other than the cold water splashing in my face, is this a good time of year to go gigging. I do it in the summers but never this time of year. Are the flounder laying up in the shallows are their way out to spawn or are they mainly in deeper water this time of year. I am sure this has been asked before but I did not see it. Thanks for the help!!

:help::help::help::brew::brew:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I pretty much grew up in Galveston and when it gets cold...50's and 40's... and the water was literally empty...every canal...no crabs, minnows, nada! sorry. Good luck
x2! Right now I wouldnt waste your time. The colder winter weve had has pretty much pushed the flounder out. I went a week ago last Monday and only got one. She was buried deep and I saw no other signs of flounder. No beds, Nuttin. And this was right along the edge of a deep channel. I believe oceankyaker post up from the 1st till the 3rd and he was along the South Jetties. That's their last stopping ground before the are GONE. Usually the best times are late Nov till 2nd or 3rd week in Dec. When I went the air temp was 40* and the water temp was 50* My hands were freezing! I'm a HUGE GIGGING fanatic and you Wont see me down there till it warms up..lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
Have you guys ever heard of bully netting lobster?
My question is I have a equipment here it should work for flounder except of course the net i would have to trade for a gig but the light and wading boots and all that stuff right? Gotta use the light cause there is nothing brighter that works on a 9 volt battery that I know. from what i read here you guys drag a 12volt contraption around? anyway any guidance I whatever else I may need. do I need a special stamp or a license I will only be in town for a week or so

1 - 11 of 11 Posts