2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ordie1
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the kids to disney, but i am planning a great day of fishing for myself. Does anyone know any good guides on the gulf side of Florida?

·
Registered
11 Posts
SW Florida Guides

If you make it far enough south (Naples / Everglades City) these are the guys!

They all fish the Everglades / Ten Thousand Islands area out of Everglades City and Chokoloskee, super nice guys, and GOOD! Go for tarpon and/or snook. You'll have the time of your life.

Capt. Joe McNichols (www.icdfish.com)

Capt. Andrew Bostick (941-394-3010) (if this number does not work, try area code 941 - things change)

Capt. Glenn Puopolo (www.fishingtheeverglades.com)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
i dont know any names but disney closer to the east coast you got the indian and the banana rivers, beutiful area. sorry i dont know any names.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Call the guy who owns DOA. He can give you contact info for a lady, whose name I can't remember. When I was there she was fishing Louisianna, but introduced me to a young guy that was a very good fisherman. Both of them like to wade fish. I wanted to catch large trout, but the snook wouldn't leave our lures alone. They might not want to come that far north to fish, but can probably point you in the right direction.

·
This space for rent
925 Posts
Captain Will Geraghty- Naples, FL
Fished with him a month ago and he put us on snook to 15 lbs, kings, jacks, snapper, and 2 Permit- 30 and 35 lbs. Amazing

·
Registered
803 Posts
Capt. Dave Hoke (239-425-7452) www.anglersadvantageguideservice.com
He's a great guide that fishes the waters from Tampa down to Ft. Meyers. My dad and I fished with him recently out of Punta Gorda/Charlotte Harbor. We caught and released 12 snook with most being 28"-30". We also had a 34 1/2" 12 pounder, 36" 16 pounder, and a 38" going 17 pounds. 2 in the upper 40" class broke us off. Also managed several big jacks, and a tarpon hookup. Saw numerous tarpon rolling. It was my first time fishing in Florida, and I had a blast.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Florida Guide That Wade's And Only Throws Lure's

Give Capt'n Ward Michaels a call if you want to wade and catch'em on lure's. He fishes out of Chokoloskee and Everglades City.

cell # 239-695-2183

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have 2 good buddies in the Miami area that fish quite often with a quide in the backcountry of Everglades National Park. That is quite a drive from where you'll be. If you want to consider it, these guys know several great guides down there. PM if you want more info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts