2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a crew of three skilled workers to help float and tape a beach house. The house is located on the west end Galveston, they will need to be available on the weekend. I don't need a contractor just the skilled labor. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
hahahaha!!!!! good luck with that!
no offense...but x2 there...you could probably find a crew to do it, but the work won't be worth the money, not even close! I know some guys that could do it, but they are more expensive than that, you'd have to get with them and get a quote...let me know if interested.

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
I did my the ceilings of my living room & bedrooms of my beach house before IKE myself with the help of one buddy and I hired 2 guys to refix them after IKE. Hire it out, much less fustration and they can get it dione better & faster than we laymen.

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
I did my the ceilings of my living room & bedrooms of my beach house before IKE myself with the help of one buddy and I hired 2 guys to refix them after IKE. Hire it out, much less fustration and they can get it dione better & faster than we laymen.
x2 Amen!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Back in the 80s the going rate was $.25 a square foot and the average pay was $13.50 an hour.

Good luck!

·
Team Marsh Member
1,511 Posts
more than $10 per hour? so you guys are telling me that those sheetrock guys that build new houses get paid by the contractor more than that? I doubt it, I bet they get paid less than 10

I can understand if it were a company with a good reputation and all nessary tools coming to quote a job, but he is just talking about someone coming in and using our tools to finish out a couple rooms

with the tough economic times, I would be happy to get 10 per hour, (tax free keep in mind) if i were out of work, or needed some extra cash for the weekend
just sayin...

Marsh

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
"I can understand if it were a company with a good reputation and all nessary tools coming to quote a job, but he is just talking about someone coming in and using our tools to finish out a couple rooms"

So what you are saying is your looking for Home Depot parking lot help? Go make your offer if that's what you're willing to pay.

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
more than $10 per hour? so you guys are telling me that those sheetrock guys that build new houses get paid by the contractor more than that? I doubt it, I bet they get paid less than 10

I can understand if it were a company with a good reputation and all nessary tools coming to quote a job, but he is just talking about someone coming in and using our tools to finish out a couple rooms

with the tough economic times, I would be happy to get 10 per hour, (tax free keep in mind) if i were out of work, or needed some extra cash for the weekend
just sayin...

Marsh
you get what you pay for.

sheet rock guys are usually not finishers. That's another crew that comes in to do the finishing.

·
Team Marsh Member
1,511 Posts
well that would be an idea, but you dont know if those guys are actually skilled in what they say they are when you hire them...I was thinking more on the lines of finding a house being build and go in there and ask a guy doing the drywall if he wanted extra work

·
Save a Goat, Ride a Cowgirl!!!
3,388 Posts

just sayin...

Marsh
Small jobs don't get done by the hour. You got maybe a day and a half worth of work for your "skilled" workers. Let's call it 14 hrs worth of work. My math calls that $140 split between at least two guys for a day and a half worth of work? Yessir, good luck is right!!!!!

·
Team Marsh Member
1,511 Posts
your math is incorrect, 14 hours at 10 per head is 14*10*2=280

your math would be having them work for 5 per hour, that would not happen, your right

Small jobs don't get done by the hour. You got maybe a day and a half worth of work for your "skilled" workers. Let's call it 14 hrs worth of work. My math calls that $140 split between at least two guys for a day and a half worth of work? Yessir, good luck is right!!!!!

·
Save a Goat, Ride a Cowgirl!!!
3,388 Posts
your math is incorrect, 14 hours at 10 per head is 14*10*2=280

your math would be having them work for 5 per hour, that would not happen, your right
So now you're saying 10 each. It still ain't happenin Jr., unless you go to the Home Depot parking lot. You said "skilled" didn't you?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts