2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steady action on the flats made for a nice evening with Trout up to 20" and Red up to 22" Fish got in the feeding mood around sundown and lasted about a hr. or so. My bud took a limit of slot reds and I handed him over the 3 20" trout that I had. Winds were blowin pretty steady but was able to find protection from a nice shoreline next to an adjacent cut. Trout territory
I stuck quite a bit releasing the smallest. My bud was finding the Reds in the deeper water vs. the shallower water. Kind of opposite
as I was looking for the harder pull. All fish were on the Cayenne Gold Bull Minnow and Roach Hogie Major Minnow on 1/8 oz. jig. Either way, a tight line is better than a limp line. TL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CC Bay

I usually stick to the area around what the locals call Pink Shack Cove and Big Skinny Cove. There are many productive flats around the Cuts as you may know. Around this time of year, I've found the flats closest to CC Bay pretty consistent and clear much of the time despite the high winds. I've noticed it takes quite a bit of wind to stir these flats. Tides have been a little higher than usual. You can find the clearer, shallower water along the many protected shorelines. I myself prefer to sightfish and this is one place that can allow you to score. Good Luck. TL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Theres a possibility that I may be on the flats this Sun. with Pops kayaking the flats. Not sure though. TL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts