2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at the Flagship to watch the surf today at 4pm and sat for an hour and a half. It was a blessing to have calm weather and huge seas. If only I was a kid again. Saw an ald guy of at least 70 ride next to the pier. Could not figure why he was riding so long and did not go for a nose ride.Til we saw his aged and in shape self come in. Big crowds on the seawall. If it was big surf like this we could save the Galv economy but the stupid city council would want the meters more than ever. How ignorant. Saw lots of my older brothers down there making a showing for the over 40 bracket. Right on ! Beautiful green walls of surf and riders about a mile out. Probably never see such a pretty day here again in my lifetime. No wind no rain just surf. Flagship t-head was getting blasted by the time we left.
Worth missing work (i still need a job- got one? ) just to go tomorrow with a cooler and binocs.
Hang ten older dudes!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ah, the good old days. Remember when we could only surf designated areas. Do you remember the contraption that was put in on the east side of the Flagship to tow surfers out?

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
I hate being responsible

that means being at work while the surf is going off......the boss did have a feeling and let a new guy at work to go surf ...

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all gone-Should have been here yesterday

Flagship today at 9 am looked nothing like Wed surf .
Yeah i remember the left side right side F-ship controversy.
Never sure which side we would be able to go out on til we got there.
Everything today looked like those surfside photos.'
Might as well get a job
ff

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nother good thing about Flagship was tourist chicks from landlocked states there w/parents. Always wanted to meet "surfers" and willing... to spring for something to eat! :^)
Not all good memories though, Flagship on a Thursday in fall of '65 was last time I surfed w/a buddy before he went to Vietnam. Hope he's gettin' tubed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts