2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old yellow member
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plans where set yesterday to hit the jetties and call it from there, well seas where not all that bad so we headed out. First stop with a buddy boat with Bone (he post every now and then) served up some shark pulls and a report from them on a good sive Pampano. Spirits where high so we headed south, first stop produced on keeper King in my boat and a few Mackrel in the other. We decided they where going to the next rig out and we stayed back to finish the drift. We finished the drift and call on the VHF and all I heard was where hooked up, so decision was made by Captian to say "See you in a Minute".. Well we put a three man limit in the boat after awhile, it wasn't hot and heavy but did make it.

Got to destination and heard of Bait Balls, well that was an understatement. Found the bait and it was plentyfull. I hooked up to a nice first King and then we had Chaos on board, three fisherman and 3 rods going crazy. The rest of the day was spent drifting the area C & R Kings and Sharks.

Oh and the Potlickers did not disapoint us, with the Hook-up of three rods we had someone run right through the bait fish trolling shortly after the fish hit the cooler. He stuck aroudn the rest of the day trolling by after every hook-up it seemed. :eek:hwell:

First Pic - my first and personal best King so far.

Second Pic - Topwaters King but not personal best.

Whew I'm tired, please excuse any typos...

FN

Attachments

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Thats Awesome Matt

I see a Fishnut/Stringer buddy boat goin out soon! LOL Thats cool, wish I could have went with ya. Maybe we can get out and try that again soon. Looks like the winds were nice to ya today. Good work .

Zac

·
Charter Member
5,925 Posts
Good job buddy. Looks like y'all had fun.
I was wondering about ya and almost called about 2:30 to get a report. Did you have cell phone service out there?

MIke

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
2 Cool Matt

Wendy and I have been working on her new to her boat all day, we bout got everything lined out to our satisfaction, some new switches, hoses for the pumps, and other things.... We plan on doing some short offshore trips real soon, I don't think Wendy has ever hooked a fish over a couple pounds, we are gonna fix that quick, set her up with my 6/0 setup with a big ribbon and watch her holler when the drag starts screaming....LOL.... Rosie is ready to go too, she loves the bluewater..... Here is a few pics of Wendy's boat........

Attachments

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
matt, thats a BIG king, way to go and congratulations on your personal best!

wendy....I LOVE YOUR NEW BOAT!! way to go girl!!

trudy

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i have really bad new for you guys. once you leave the jetties there is almost no going back. mother ocean only pulls you farther and farther offshore. the only known cure is sea sickness and many have found a way around it with medications...rick

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
mcgolfer said:
i have really bad new for you guys. once you leave the jetties there is almost no going back. mother ocean only pulls you farther and farther offshore. the only known cure is sea sickness and many have found a way around it with medications...rick
LOL Rick, I can see it now... BOATLOAD OF WOMEN TAKE 300LB BLUE MARLIN AT BOOMVANG IN 21' BAYBOAT.....ROTFLMAO

·
Old yellow member
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rick you are very right, I found myself thinking about

how to fund a new twin engine boat on the way back in. I'm probably limited to 25 miles in my current ride and I will not go out without a buddy boat with one engine.

With that said anyone wanting to buddy up just give me a hollar, Outta Pocket is ready.

MT - Had one bar on the cell but didn't try it, was montoring 16 and had VHF reception though the whole time. Even had some fun talking with some guys that where on the Jetties on 69, they had a hard time the night before it sounded like. They never would give me the location of the next party but then again I wouldn't give them my position either. LOL

Zak - Your on, I'll give you a call next time, and your right maybe we can get Stringer mobile to go.

Wendy - Nice boat, I have the same if that's a 21 footer.

FN

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,059 Posts
mcgolfer said:
Ain't that the truth!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts