2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, since obviously many of my fishn spots are out of whack (west bay, pass area) i had planned a trip for west matagorda on sunday. Well, at last minute that got canceled too so then i was really bummed. Been itchn to go fishn, so decided to take yesterday off and me and my 4 year old son took off for centerville TX where my dads got some land and we deer hunt. Theres a nice sized tank on the property probably about 7-8 acres that has plenty of bass and a few catfish. Plus i needed to set up the feeders and start feedn em some corn anyways with huntn season just around the corner. It turned out to be a great desicion! my son impressed me and we both had an incredible time. As a father, theres nothing like seeing your boy reelin in a big bass or catfish with a smile as big as TX across his face. Hes def improving his fishing skills and did a fine job on his own. it wasnt quite catchn trout on spook jrs, but it was close enough!! We walked and waded that pond for hours just havin a blast. I had forgotten how much fun it is fishn those farm tanks, thats how most of us learned to fish anyways, so it was great enjoying the day w the lil man!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's awesome!! Looks like you've got a fishin' partner for life.

I certainly started out that way w/ my dad and now I take every opportunity to put my kids on some pond action. Plant those seeds and watch 'em grow!

·
Registered
112 Posts
west bay is good to go

royboy42 said:
well, since obviously many of my fishn spots are out of whack (west bay, pass area) i had planned a trip for west matagorda on sunday. Well, at last minute that got canceled too so then i was really bummed. Been itchn to go fishn, so decided to take yesterday off and me and my 4 year old son took off for centerville TX where my dads got some land and we deer hunt. Theres a nice sized tank on the property probably about 7-8 acres that has plenty of bass and a few catfish. Plus i needed to set up the feeders and start feedn em some corn anyways with huntn season just around the corner. It turned out to be a great desicion! my son impressed me and we both had an incredible time. As a father, theres nothing like seeing your boy reelin in a big bass or catfish with a smile as big as TX across his face. Hes def improving his fishing skills and did a fine job on his own. it wasnt quite catchn trout on spook jrs, but it was close enough!! We walked and waded that pond for hours just havin a blast. I had forgotten how much fun it is fishn those farm tanks, thats how most of us learned to fish anyways, so it was great enjoying the day w the lil man!
the coves on the south shoreline are still accesible(drive down and walk-in).dana cove(behind the state park),caranchua cove,jumbile cove,ostermeyer bayou,bird island cove and snake island.you can get to these coves,and they will be producing good fish soon,just like they do every fall.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glad to hear that. are any of the ramps open near there? I was catching a few trout in danas before storm hit, was wondering what that area looked like. Also, i found out today that a friend of mine working in galveston this week said hes been catching a few reds right off the rock jettys that run out from seawall, so obviously the reds are thick in the surf right now. He was tossing spoons early this morning and caught three, two slots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts