2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or ever had a Fishmaster? I'm looking at a 19.5' 2005 Fishmaster with a 150 Suzuki. I haven't seen or heard too much about Suzuki engines or Fishmaster boats? Anyone that has an opinion one way or another I'd appreciate some advise. Thanks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Please note... The boats were really not the problem more so than trying to get good service. Most owners actually like their boats. I personally have one and like it very much!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shep, that is what I was thinking the entire time. Sounds like the problem wasn't with the boat at all. The place that has the boat though won't let me test drive it so I'm a little skepticle now. Looks like a very nice boat with a lot of nice extra's. What year is yours? What engine do you have on it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I got the 21' 2002 year model and it came with a 150 Suzy EFI. Recently upgraded to an 06' 225 Optimax Pro XS. Went from doing 42 with the Suzy and now does 62 with the Opti. I have a friend with the same boat and the 225 Suzy and he does mid 50's.

·
Registered
512 Posts

The place that has the boat though won't let me test drive it so I'm a little skepticle now.
When I bought my boat, I asked the salesman if I could test ride it. He said yes but I had to sign the contract first. They put a clause in it that said if I wasnt happy with the ride, I could get out of it. You might ask. If they don't let you test it, I would look elsewhere. If it is a dealer they should be able to accomodate this request. You would be spending big bucks on something that you have never tested on the water.

I looked at the fishmaster when I was searching for my boat. The guys at Travis Boating Center were pretty helpful. They do offer a lot of extra's for the money. The salesman said that Tracker bougth them out but I didnt research that.

Brian

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I have a 2000 23' Fishmaster with a 200 Johnson that I bought used. It is a nice riding, stable boat that can get skinnier than most non-tunnels, but will handle 3 to 4 foot chop fairly well.

I've been very pleased with it. Mine will drift in 8" -10" of water depending on the number of people and the amount of gas on board. With the jack plate all the way up, I can run on plane in 12"-14".

I get lot's of compliments on it's performance from my friends who are experienced fishermen.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I should note that after reading the thread on that other forum, that the previous owner stripped off the Fishmaster decals and put on a custom graphic. Most folks who see it and ride in it don't know what it is unless they ask.

I usually get some comment like "I had always heard Fishmasters ride rough, and aren't well built. This is a nice boat."

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2005 FishMaster 2450 with a Suzuki DF200 and love it. I agree with most of the threads as far as ride and storage. I had researched numerous boats before I bought. I would not trade it for any other bay boat on the market. Just my opinion!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts