2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SPECKSICUTIONER
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, these pictures are from a couple of months ago, but a friend of mine just sent them to me. Myself, my six year old son, a good friend of mine and his seven year old step daughter left Sugar Land bright and early for a full day trip to lower Galveston Bay. Both kiddos were troopers, and didn't complain one time. We didn't catch a ton of fish, but we caught enough to keep the kids interested. Of course we caught all of the usual suspects one catches when soaking shrimp and GULPS! But hey, as I said we all had a blast. My friend's step daughter even caught her first fish ever. It was a great day.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
That's what it is all about. My Dad would take me and my brother fishing and hunting on many weekends as far back as I can remember. We always had a great time and Dad took every opportunity he had to make it an educational adventure for us. We learned to appreciate the outdoors and to respect all creatures great and small. It was years later that I found out that we were pretty poor and had to hunt and fish for food!

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
Don't let them have idle time...will lead to trouble

Good deal. Keep them busy & get them involved. The world is getting crazier everyday. If you keep a rod, football, baton, or a baseball in their hands, they won't be able to pick up a crack pipe!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
great pixs

oh the memories of just a few months ago, fishing barefoot, short sleeve shirts, sun in your face

today, I am freezin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts