2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motored out the main canal at dawn into a NNE wind about 10mph. The wind was blowing almost straight down the bay, it was choppy and the S. shoreline was tannin stained and off color.

I just got my boat back from the shop and wanted to run it to see if it would over-heat. It didn't so I drove it like I stole it.

I ended up on the N shoreline and the water was really sandy with maybe 10" visibility and tons of bait.
I waded hard sand/grass in thigh deep water and was throwing a blk/chrome
Skitterwalk.

I caught three trout 18"-24" as fish were actively busting bait in the area. Then a dark line of clouds and a strong NE wind started blowing and it got rough and started white capping.
I waded back to the boat and ran in. Fishing always makes my back feel better (riiiiiiight).

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently a new water pump, new lower unit oil, top off hydraulics, new plugs, installed raycor water seperator, then ran it in the test tank @ 3500 rpm for 30 minutes with heat sensors on the block. No hot spots, no alarm or over-heating, and thermostat was at exactly the right temp. Wahla!! $$$. LOL

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well Kenny if that wind according to the weather gods was 5-10 mph...I would hate to be out there in a 10-15mph wind...We ran all over Trinity for about 6 hours.....wow! was it rough until about dinner time it calmed down..we caught six keeper trout and about 40 dinks, some hard heads and big gafftops...and a few rat reds...Nice and cool until 11am we came in at 1pm..fun fishing today..

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Can't think of a better way to start the day, kenny. That was some therapy for me just to read it. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm under employed at the moment and going to be OFFT completely starting Wednesday. I think I see a road-trip in my immediate future. LOL :bounce:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts