2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in the Brazos Near the ICW. River still has a tint of green but is going towards a mud color. Went west in the ICW to Jones Creek and found reds tailing in the first flat. When I could get to within casting range they would move. Never did get to throw at them. Went on across the flat to the second turn in the bayou. Had big gar rolling in pretty green water. Put out some live finger mullet and had 2 reds at 19 cpr'ed in just a few minets. J Loomis Green Water bends in a 90 degree with drag singing. I think its a gar but after a 5 min. fight boat a 28" red. Ten mins. later same story. Crab man goes by and the fishing stops. Bait still every where, gar rolling, no bite. Throw tops, tails, DOA shrimp under Mansfield Mauler, Tsunami shad, not even a look. Ride to the east side of the river to Mudd lake and sit till about 1 o'clock and boat a 26 1/2 red and call it a day. That's six Sundays in a row that I've got my limit of reds. Next weekend it's time to check the feeders so I'll break my string. dwood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts