2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a run in with 4 guys a little after 4am earlier this week behind my house. The weather had woke me up and I went out to secure my boat which I left in the water overnight. When I went around the corner of my house I ran head on into a guy who was coming around the corner headed to my pier. He had 3 big friends with him and when I asked what they were doing he told me he was going fishing. I politely told him he was not going to fish and that they needed to leave. After contacting the local police they tracked them down and found them fishing behind another house in the subdivision. After getting names and addresses he asked them to leave or go to jail. Please remember when fishing these canal subdivisions that for the most part, property owners don't care if you fish the lights but please do it by boat and to stay in your boat. The piers and yards are private property. Gater

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Well This Happened To Us

We were fishing the lights at my Brother inLaws house in Key Allegro, It was about 1:00 A.M> and the bite just started, it was one after another for about 30 minutes when this lady pulls up in her boat, we thought she was going to anchor and join in, (NO PROBLEM the more the merrier) but no, she never even slowed down to say anything she actually RAMMED her bay stealth into our new cement bulkhead (I MEAN CRRRRRUNCH) turned off her motor and asked if we were doing anygood. Well the 3 of us were just baffled, we all looked at each other in disbelief. looked at her and said we were until now, have a good day, put our poles up and went inside. She had the look of WHAT DID I DO........OH WELL ????????????????

·
Registered
968 Posts
Fishing under someone else's lights...

Mudbottom and I fish the San Luis and Cold Pass area, as many of you know. There are many houses there that run their lights at night. We were fishing one night, having no luck, so we decided to move. We headed back towards the County Park to try our luck over there. There were lights on and we asked the folks if we could anchor outside their lights and works the lights with them. Sure, no problem was the reply. We had trouble anchoring up for some reason. After several attempts at anchoring, the kind people told us to tie up to their pier and we could fish from the pier. Once getting tied off and fishing and chatting with the nice folks, the decided to call it a night. To our suprise, they told us to stay as long as we wanted. They showed us where the light switches were and told us to turn off the lights when we were finished fishing. There are some nice people out there and all you have to do is ask...VJER

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Are the piers actual private property? I've always wondered about that as in the case of my pier on the river on whether or not I could enforce trespass with a pier on the state water. I have never had a problem, just was wondering "what if" . I know they ccant cross your actual real private property to get there though. chk - chk

·
Roll Tide!!!
2,974 Posts
I know that the piers in my subdivision are private property. Other area's may be different. Stay in the boat/yak, be polite, and you won't have any problems. Rude people just never want to understand in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts