2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Well, this weekend doesn't look too good for shark fishing at PINS. I beleive they are predicting 5-6 or 5-7 foot seas. I just don't think the fishing will be all that great. All this wind and weed really sucks. My buddy really wants to do some fishing though cuz he hasn't fished in a while. If we can't go to PINS, I would like to try to take him to get some reds or black drum. :goldfish: If ya'll know of any good spots that might be good even with all the wind I'd appreciate it. Man, and I was hoping to stretch out my 9/0 this weekend. Oh well.

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
Go over to Port A and try for some rays for your next shark outing......

Back side of Mustang Island is always good when the wind is really kicking. I have caught alot of reds back there and some trout.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i heard that the rivera pier is doing pretty good right now .... one of my friends said they went and tore up the trout .. and got 2 oversized drum as well...its not that far of a drive from kingsville either.. ... ive had good luck there when live shrimp is available at the stores there... i throw into the wind about half way down the pier with a popping cork and let it drift in slowly.. and they usually smash it!!!

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I've heard rivera pier has been pretty good too. It might be worth checking out sometime .... Skipjack, I'm not real sure how to get back there to the back of mustang island. Whats the best way? And where in Port A do you think the best place is for rays? I would love to catch some for the next shark outing.

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
Just throw some squid in the channel at Port A or over by Robert's Point. You should be able to catch plenty of rays.

If you are driving to Port A from CC before you get to the Mustang Island state Park there is a church on your left. There are some dirt roads back there that take you to the flats. There will probably be somebody fishing there already as there usually is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Take Skipjack's advice on the bck side of Mustang. The Shamrock Cove area is pretty sheltered from the wind, wadeable, or even better if you have a kayak to find good water. We generally enter it off 361 just across from the Seagull condos, it seems to have more spoil islands that really block the winds. Always a good place to put a few fish in the box...good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.