2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,ya'll...been way busy and dealin' with some stressfull issues,lately...so,Thursday night I went out to visit my favorite therapists...the "hawgs".
We had no trouble netting all the"butterbean"shad we could use...no good ol'purdy ones.Luckily,8-10 crappie,white perch,and bream found their way into our bait bucket as well.We hit the main lake channel,at the spot Hawkeye,Dave,and I caught the 50lb'er and Jeff and I nailed the 43lb.'er about 3 weeks ago.Did the same routine as usual,15 free-floatin'jugs(well tended)and baited 'em with 3-4 "butterbeans"or crappie/perch heads and chunks.
We had 4 jugs(remember I use big 2 1/2gallon jugs)jerked completely under several times apiece,only to get off before we could troll over to 'em.Huge fish gettin'rolled up in the line was my guess.VERY impressive strikes,though.
We caught several 3-10lb.blues,before the big girls came to visit...3 30lb.triplets in a row...coupla more"eaters"...then,that 50lb'er that Hawk and I released came back for a visit!!I hate to say this,but,I could not do without a picture,so,we made a small puncture,strung her,and was very aware of her condition the remainder of the night.She was very strong and active...pics were taken and she was still in good shape,none the worse for wear.Daggone,what a strong fish!!I'll develope the pics(have 1 of the 43lb'er,also)and post them within the week.
I really don't feel much better about "life":cloud: ...but,the fish are bitin'!!!:dance:
P.S.-We had an8/0 Gami circle bent wide-open on one of the "takedowns"!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm Fishing Bro,but No Giants Yet. I've Caught A Few Nice Ones In The Past Few Weeks ,but This Weather Is Messing Me Up. I Work For The Power Company And These Storms Have Me Working (t00 Many) Hours.plus The Lake Looks Like A War Zone.i'm Just Glad To Hear You're Bustin' Them Blues Up.if I Don't Get To This Season I May Head Your Way Next Season. I'm Heading Down To Santee Second Week In October,then I Want To Go Down To The Altamaha River. So Much Water ,so Little Time. Now ............do You Feel The Love Dude..hehehehehhe

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have been busier that a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest.... and to be honest, I read the report a couple of days ago, and completely forgot to respond to it... You know we love you man...
Did you get an accurate weight on that big catfish this time? I hope to be able to fish with you again really soon... in MY BOAT. I'm going to Raleigh to look at a motor Saturday. It's a 115 Merc that should bolt on and go.... say a little prayer for me and the motor...

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mudhole kid...Thanks,man...you say when...Have boat...will fish.

Hawk...thanks...used the Rapala LocknWeigh I just got...works great...no hook-grips the lip firmly like a Boga.Yeah,man,we'll get together soon.

AND....I love ya'll too...like a fat kid loves cake!:cheers:

·
Registered
728 Posts
So, it was a "50" ? no more no less? Cool... see if you can find out a little bit of information for me about catching walleyes on the lake, would you please? I want to give them a try this fall too... along with stripers and of course big blue cats.

I think I can catch stripers anywhere they live (I'll probably live to regret those words LOL) and the catfish thing is making more sense to me now than ever, but I have no idea of how to target the best tasting fish in the lake(s) walleyes... I might have to find me a place I can rent down there with a dock.... and bring the family down for the weekends, of course....

·
Registered
550 Posts
I been away for a coupla days, but am glad to see someone had time to go fishin. I ain't had a fish on R & R in so long I don't remember what it feels like. I am GONNA HAVE to stop gettin ready for deer season long enuf to get on the water!

BTW Congrats :)

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
50 ON THE NOSE...swear to goodness,Hawk,it looked like the pig we snagged,and caught it within sight of the same spot.And 3 30lb'ers that were identical...not a mark on 'em.I like the "grip"type scale.I saw where they make digital LockNweigh's now.I like that.The walleyes that I have caught were taken while livebaitin' shad under a Baseball bobber on the midlake humps(mostly in the Spring)or while trollin' double bucktail rigs for stripers.I have to say that a couple were fairly impressive (6-7lbs.).The New Yawk natives that run the marina,now,are into chasin' 'Eyes, so maybe some information can be obtained from them(good people for NewYawkers):wink: ....Peace.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey MudholeKid,

Is the trip to Santee the week of the National Catfishing Championships?I know that's usually'bout that time.:fishy:

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it is,and your in the area,ya ought to check that out...give us a report,if ya go.I've never been but want to.I think that it is held at Harry's Fishcamp/Marina,uplake on Marion.I used to go out of Rock's Pond Marina,a nice place,downlake,past Eutawville and Vance,SC....Man,that part of the world is a sportsman's paradise,and will always hold a special place in my heart.ALOT OF GOOD TIMES had there,over the years!!:fishy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts