2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've uploaded the best 133 photos from our two weeks just spent in Venezuela. (Still scratching bug bites from our campout not far from the Columbian border). We fished the fifth and year's final peacock bass tournament held by Venezuela's bass association, on a reservoir of about 80 square miles. Won 11th place out of 70 boats. We were treated like royalty. Lots of parties, etc.

Then our friends took us to camp on the Cinaruco River, way down south near Columbia. We waded barefoot in the oxbow lakes, fighting bass up to 12 pounds on topwater lures, Yozuris and jigs. At mid-day, these fish schooled like offshore bonito, busting shad in mid-lake. Amazing action: One morning we landed 100 fish without a boat, by 8 a.m. A breakfast of steak and eggs, then we went at them again...I think the total was 175 by 2 p.m. Then we dropped camp and headed out, back across a huge national park the size of Big Bend. We were 40 klics off the highway, a dirt road with occasional big mudholes, which keeps out the potlickers and commercial fishermen. If anyone wants to try this sort of wade fishing, casting plugs all day for hard-fighting peacock bass, let me know. It costs about a third the price of fishing Brazil.

Photos are at:

http://seafavorites.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=269_270

Attachments

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just talked to my buds down in Venezuela, they're taking family and kids camping at this spot on Dec. 19. Lots of parties, music and portable generators, not much sleep. They bring small boats, even kayaks, and have a big catch and release tournament.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts