2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Hey Chris

I was camped on Webb Point last weekend and SA bay looked nasty. Too much fresh water I suspect. I'm going back this weekend and was thinking about going across and wade the Island side. Is this a good plan? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wade Island

The south shoreline of Matagorda Island has fishable water. Upper Shoalwater Bay also looks good. The lakes have plenty of redfish in them.

Chris

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
hmmm

Capt. Chris Martin said:
The south shoreline of Matagorda Island has fishable water. Upper Shoalwater Bay also looks good. The lakes have plenty of redfish in them.

Chris
so now that you've posted that........those areas should be saturated with the holiday boaters.......lol....how about if you edit, and tell everyone that there aren't any fish there, and the water looks terrible........?

please?

maybe I should stay at home and fish in the bathtub......?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Thanks Chris...

There's lots of room in the areas Chris mentioned and I'm sure he's not giving away any "honey holes". The boaters will be out in force this weekend for sure. If you don't want to deal with it then stay home.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TooShallow,

Just returned from my trip today. Fished over sand & grass in about waist deep water. Used norton mardi gras rigged with 1/8-ounce laser lock jig head. Water was off color but not dirty. Had some green tint, but could not see your feet. Bait was very active.
Wind laid down this morning which helped shape the bay back up. The wind did start cranking about noontime.

Good luck this weekend.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
I think

TooShallow said:
There's lots of room in the areas Chris mentioned and I'm sure he's not giving away any "honey holes". The boaters will be out in force this weekend for sure. If you don't want to deal with it then stay home.
that perhaps you missed the humor, with which I posted? Don't feel bad, though, I do that all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts