2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on fishing in Progreso Mexico? Will be there for a day on a cruise and want to hire a guide but I am having a hard time finding any info.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Been there twice in the last few years. Biggest trout were around 14", but beautifully colored. Fish traps and gill nets abound. Guides will want to buy shrimp and perch for bait, but small plastics and small topwaters work great. We convinced our guides to let us wade in the shallow even though they prefered to fish deep with bait. Beautiful area with lots of potential, but until the commercials give it a rest there won't be much in the way of sportfishing. I don't know how that will ever happen since those poor folks live day to day and have to make a living.

·
Habitual line stepper!
104 Posts
progreso

***? I dont think you know where this place is. Last i heard, there was a shoot out there on tourist day or something.I know, I live 10 min away.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
progresso in the yucatan. top the marina is about 5 miles from the cruise dock. don't try to book a fishing trip while on a cruise. not a great idea and only a limited time to fish. enjoy the port, pretty rustic but nice imo. not real touristy at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts