2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we finally made three charters in a row, but it was rough on thurs., rougher fri, and dern near intolerable saturday. Casey Halverson ran the boat on Thurs and Friday, and did quite well. Thursday was an eight hour trip that produced limits of snaps to 8 lbs, 1 king, and 1 nice dolphin about 12 lbs. Friday, the Will Schorp party toughed it out and had a real nice limit of ajs (one went 68 lbs), a nice limit of snaps to 10 lbs, and a small gag grouper. Saturday, I ran Matt Smith and company out into the teeth of 4-6 foot nasty chop, and we banged around for a limit of snapper (3-7 lbs), limit of ajs (keepers), one chicken dolphin, and lots of salt in our hair. The Cool Sea caught and released a sail right next to us, so we got to see a lot of air time out of that fish. I will now attempt to attach a picture...... File is too large. I'll try and shrink and post later. I can e-mail it if anyone is interested. Be forewarned, its a picture of limits of dead fish on the dock.:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
James Howell said:
Well, we finally made three charters in a row, but it was rough on thurs., rougher fri, and dern near intolerable saturday. Casey Halverson ran the boat on Thurs and Friday, and did quite well. Thursday was an eight hour trip that produced limits of snaps to 8 lbs, 1 king, and 1 nice dolphin about 12 lbs. Friday, the Will Schorp party toughed it out and had a real nice limit of ajs (one went 68 lbs), a nice limit of snaps to 10 lbs, and a small gag grouper. Saturday, I ran Matt Smith and company out into the teeth of 4-6 foot nasty chop, and we banged around for a limit of snapper (3-7 lbs), limit of ajs (keepers), one chicken dolphin, and lots of salt in our hair. The Cool Sea caught and released a sail right next to us, so we got to see a lot of air time out of that fish. I will now attempt to attach a picture...... File is too large. I'll try and shrink and post later. I can e-mail it if anyone is interested. Be forewarned, its a picture of limits of dead fish on the dock.:D
send to me, I just got of the phone with Terry, inquiring about the 24 hour in June.

[email protected]

·
Old yellow member
2,275 Posts
James it was great fishing with you on Saturday.

You are a class A guide and can't wait to hit the Blue Water with you again. We had a great time and you put us on fish in less then desirable condidtions that day. Still can't believe seeing the Sailfish, that was an added bonus exspecially coming off a Snapper Rig.

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I enjoyed fishing with you gentlemen, y'all were a salty crew. Hopefully the next time we head out the weather gods will be a little kinder. Looks like another tough weekend coming up, I don't know if we will be making any trips. Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts