2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend going to Singapore for business next Spring. He's looking for a place to Marlin fish nearby. He was looking at Tioman. Has anyone fished there or any place nearby to Singapore? Experiences? Recommendations? What did you catch?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I was in Singapore 97-98'. I did visit Tioman but there was not a charter fishery there at the time.

Send your pal to Phuket, Thailand. John Pierce (sp?) and others have been catching sails and a few black marlin there for decades. I don't recall the seasonality, so he should check. We fished with a guy named Phil Watkins who is no longer there as far as I know.

I have also heard some good stories about the east coast of Malaysia, but it's all sailfish, and very primitive.

If you're in Singapore, you're awfully damned closed to Australia. So my $.02 is to go fish there, see the reef, and hang with the Aussies if at all possible.

PM me for more info if you'd like.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I did some work for the Singapore military in 2000 for about a month. I didn't have much spare time but I tried to get a charter with no luck. I could only find two people doing billfish charters, they were booked and very many $$$$. Ended up finding other things to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts