2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't "bluewater" per se, but I have a question about fishing in the Port Arthur/San Luis area. The men's group at my church is starting a mission trip tomorrow in San Luis to help rebuild a church destroyed in the hurricane. Our pastor asked me for any places they might be able to fish while taking a break - I've never even been there but I told him I'd try. Too bad they're not going to Port A, that wouldn't be a problem! Anyway, if anyone has any general areas and tips I would greatly appreciate it. There won't be any boats, so it would have to be accessible on foot. I told him there at least must be some jetties and piers? Thanks for any help for them...:fish:

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
There are a lot of ways to fish on foot in that area, the most important thing is have a way to catch finger mullet,,,,cast net. Here is a simple tip watch the tides be in the flats or shallow areas durring high tide and in deep channels durring low. Just scout around you should find some place. Drive toward Surfside and take a look around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.