2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Texas City Dike And ran down East Bay to Hannahs Reef. Got under two grouops of birds that produced one small sand trout. Another fisherman was there and after hooking into a 3 lb. sea gull the fishing ceased to exsist. Went around the entire north end and found bait working all over the place. Using top waters and plastics we just couldnt get em to bite. Left at 11:00 when the front passed through. The best part of our day was standing back on the dike looking at the rollers coming in off the bay and standing dry in the 20 mph winds.

Good fishing,
Bannajoe

·
Registered
56 Posts
Me and the brother hit texas city around dollar reef at about 7:00am. Found a group of bait fish and threw every thing in the takle boxbut thay wouldn't bite on it . We got one good run but broke me of. That was about it for the day. Like you said we also got packed up just in time to see the white caps come in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was in East yesterday, i saw more bait working in there but nothing to stretch my line. It was really weird to see all that bait and not even get a bump. Oh well i guess thats why its called fishing and not catching.

·
Registered
18 Posts
West Bay JACKS!!!

Hit West Bay early am sunday, couple of small trout and some large croaker,then large schools of jacks move in and mullet flying everywhere,tossed large shrimp and poppin cork close to one and time for the tackle test,fight was on for about 30 minutes or so landed bout a good 20lber lots of fun then nothing after that,what a test for my abu 5000c and always land the big ones on 12lb berkley big game, moved to the car bodies at san luis, live finger mullet on bottom landed a nice 26" red again on my trusty twin 5000c and 12lb you know lol, great day to be out and about considering all the bad blow that was predicted.
Great fishin to all and have a great flounder fall....
Matt Fish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts