2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not go this weekend, so I am going to fish Monday,Tuesday and maybe Wednesday. A " cold front" is going to push pass the coast sunday evenening bringing a north wind for monday. High Tide falls around eight am. Should make for some good action in the morning for trouts and reds. Maybe some sharks later in the day depending on the shrimpers. Should be past the barricades if anyone else is heading that way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been pulling 7/10's since February and may get a break in mid October. Dad and I might be down your way looking for big spots. Hope to get the chance meet up and get a line wet while we are there. Good luck this week and keep the reports coming. Regards, Chris

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey Jolly keep us posted (as always). Do you have any concerns about the flesh eating bacteria out in the surf right now? I just don't feel comfortable just yet and wouldn't consider taking the kid out there. Basically I can't risk it until they are safe as well since they enjoy the bent rods as much as I do so it just wouldn't be right. Let us know!

Good luck!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I could be wrong but I have always been told that the flesh eating virus is at it's worse when we have been short on rainfall ie; freshwater. I don't know if this is true or not. The one thing I do know is that it enters our bodys through open cuts or sores and such. So if you have no cuts or scrapes or sores you should be ok. My wife said she heard a report on the news the other day that said it is always in the water it just reaches different concentrations at different times. Might try researching it on hte net or start a new thread here.

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
You shouldn't have any concerns about the bacteria building up in the surf. Too rough to become concentrated enough to affect you. You need to be weary of water that doesn't move to much. Bays, Sloughs, extremely protected areas with little to no wind. These areas allow the bacteria to become more concentrated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts