2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19,252 Posts
CHA CHING

Think you are mistaken about three years in a row the star fish came from Bubbas or lil Bills boats they are great fisherman but that didnt happen I dont think. You can see a hardspot at 30 knots with a furuno if it is working correctly. People trying to fish hardspots from someones book is wasting time. Normally if it is in a book it has been fished and fish are no longer on them only sharks so trying to fish someone elses numbers is a waste of time. Normally when you catch the snapper off of a hard spot it is done and the fish never come back. It is sad to kill the brood stock of the snapper fishery but that is where the egg layers live. Leave them alone if you can.

Charlie

· Registered
19,252 Posts
Hard Spots

Well I think Carl has fished most all of the spots listed in his book. Sometimes he may have left a fish on a spot cuz sometimes there are two maybe three fish on a spot. I dont think Bill C was ever DQ from the star tourney he has always placed somewhere if you check the past final standings. In 2001 Bill was 5th in 2002 he was 4th I couldnt get the 2003 results for some reason. Speaking of sharks when the Snapper are fished from their home (hard spots) sharks take over so if you are catching sharks the spot has been fished. These fish live on these spots for ever if they are not disturbed. A 20 # snapper is approximately 20 to 25 years old and a 30 pounder may be 50. Remember these are your egg layers. They lay as many as 100 times the eggs of a 10 pound fish so please try and conserve these fish.

Charlie

· Registered
19,252 Posts
Hard Spots

In my opinion the fish never leave the spots. I have found that after a hurricane and I guess becaue of the currents, sometimes fish show up on a spot that has been fished out. I have never caught a snapper and a shark off of the same hard spot at the same time but I guess it can happen. As far as the regulations you are correct but 4 big fish dont taste near as good as four 7 or 8 pounders. If you must fish hard spots and the fish yu catch is not a tournament winner send her back. There are several ways do do that just use the method that you like best. Good fishing.

I think they were talking about C. C,s book

Charlie

charlie

· Registered
19,252 Posts
WilliamH

I wandered into a chart place in Galveston a few days ago and saw some of Garys old hang books. I caint remember the name of the place but it was in old downtown Galveston and they sell marine charts books etc.

Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.