2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HE is risen. HE is risen indeed.
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone wear gloves for winter fishing from a boat, a pier or the shoreline? :cloud:

If so, what works?

(Brand, style, thichness, material, etc.)

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Simms!

FTU carries several styles of Simms anglers gloves for coldweather fishing and they are all exceptional quality. They are well worth the price on bitterly cold days.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I wore Gander Moutain fishing gloves last summer, the nylon sun-proof
gloves. Last winter, I noticed they keep your hand warmer on a chilly day. Haven't tried fishing with them in snow, however. Probably need something thicker.

·
HE is risen. HE is risen indeed.
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help.

Brrrrrr... it's cold!

I need gloves. I will obtain gloves. I will wear gloves.

I feel better already.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I take a plain ole pair of cotton jersy gloves and cut the thumb and index to the first joint out of the right hand and the thumb and index to the first joint out of the left hand (this alows for both baitcasting and spinning) and that is all I need when it is cold.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Try the neoprene

I have neoprene gloves that I cut the fingers out of. Works well for cold days.
Hookman

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I fish left handed so I get a rt hand glove with fingers cut off and a left hand glove with all of teh fingers. I like thin gloves for feel.

all you rightys would use a left glove with fingers cut off

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Jeff,
I think you have that one confused with one of your adult entertainment bookmarks!:biggrin:
No...I have a pair of Hot Skinz.....got them when I lived in Alaska at a fishing store on the Kenai...they cost around 80.00..and they work very well.

The Bookmark you are thinking of is Hot Skanks...you want me to send it to you?:cheers:

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
No...I have a pair of Hot Skinz.....got them when I lived in Alaska at a fishing store on the Kenai...they cost around 80.00..and they work very well.

The Bookmark you are thinking of is Hot Skanks...you want me to send it to you?:cheers:
Sure, for $80. I can probably get a couple of skanks to keep my hands warm.:rotfl:

·
Excel, it's easy to be average
2,153 Posts
The Simm's half finger fishing gloves are very warm and I use them wading in the colder weather/water.

Charles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts