2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going fishing on Sat. hoping to see some kings and/ or Jacks. We are planning on trolling around the close rigs(if it is flat enough). Any suggestions or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yall have already recommended
- Rapalla Magnum(which I bought)
- Russells Lure ( which I bought 2)
- an the artificial ribon fish lure(which I bought)

We are planning on getting a bunch of chum and fishing w/ bait if trolling is not productive(maybe play w/ some sharks).

If I am missing anything or yall think of anything that might make us more successful please let me know.

Thanks
Tgill

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
tgill said:
Going fishing on Sat. hoping to see some kings and/ or Jacks. We are planning on trolling around the close rigs(if it is flat enough). Any suggestions or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yall have already recommended
- Rapalla Magnum(which I bought)
- Russells Lure ( which I bought 2)
- an the artificial ribon fish lure(which I bought)

We are planning on getting a bunch of chum and fishing w/ bait if trolling is not productive(maybe play w/ some sharks).

If I am missing anything or yall think of anything that might make us more successful please let me know.

Thanks
Tgill
Get some Sabiki rigs to catch some live baits around the jetties or close rigs, bring some dead ribbons too

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
I'd take back the artificial ribbonfish... I bought 2 of them had two runs and a head eft of them. Seems to me like the wire inside of them is half *** for them to just take everything but the lead part of the head

·
Registered
243 Posts
There should be a lot of spanish mackeral around the close rigs this time of year. Drift around the rigs and have a few drift lines with sardines on kingfish type leaders and you should get plenty of them. If you see any nice patches of seaweed make sure to work the edges for a while, you never know what might be home.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts