2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Freeport at 4:30 A.M.. Went out to the inersection. Got first bite at 9:15. It was a blue about 275 released it in 20 minutes. Trolled for another hour then pulled the hook on a blue. Kept fishing same area and caught a blue about 300 around noon. Great fight jumped 11 times. Both fish released in good condition. Decided to stop trolling wanted some fish to eat started bottom fished and caught 13 grouper; snows, yellowedge. Left around eight and headed in easy ride going down sea. Can't wait to get back out there.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i don't know how we missed seeing you on our way back in. did you see all the sailboats out there saturday morning. congradulations on the marlins and great catch on the groupers...rick

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. The only other sportfisher we saw was a flybridge trolling south. We did see all the sail boats. They are still in our way 80 miles off shore. We even saw some of them trolling a weed line. What boat where you on, mcgolfer? I fish on the Live Wire it is a Express boat out of Freeport.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
deeeep35

i have a small 28ft kevlacat that we take a little too far offshore. we were headed for gunnison spar but blew and engine 105 miles out...rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man, I tried like hell to get my crew to run out to the inersection rigs but they talked me into trying out the "32's" and "27's"; then running another 35 miles to the Matagorda rigs. Needless to say we got blanked. Didn't know that the commercial guys cleaned out the inshore stuff. We just got finished restoring this old Bertram and looking for better trips in the future. We fish out of Hide A-Way on the Gulf, Freeport, TX. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there. John

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i threw a rod in my starboard engines while i was cruising to gunnison to try and fish for some tuna. we fished our way back home from 105 miles out on the port motor. the blown motor didn't ruin our trip but it did change what went into the fish box...rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts