2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to go catch a marlin in the continents of the americas....I know about topic star and panama but I am looking for something that I could take the girlfriend and she could enjoy too.....We went to costa rica two years ago stayed in quepos and just loved it, but it is all booked up for this year....please help? Where should I go to get the man in the blue suit

P.S. Cabo is out also

·
Registered
640 Posts
Striped Marlin

What about the man in the pin striped suit? Cabo has a good run of striped marlin in December.

Brandon

·
Registered
234 Posts
Go South young man!

I know you wanted to stay in the Americas, but for just a few extra $$ (and a little more time) you can head to Cairns and chase some really big fish. December is kinda the end of the black and blue run, but still good.

Most beautiful place I have been - well worth the trip!

Guy

·
Administrator
23,852 Posts
slightly off what you asked for, but if you like chasing sail fish, West Palm Beach up to Ft. Pierce in Dec. is as good as it gets. I have a place I rent once a year, that's a 2 bedroom condo style place right on the Ft. Pierce inlet. I am spending a week there for my birthday next month. One year I was there, I saw a single guy in a center console fighting two sails at one time. It was a riot to see him double hooked up, all alone.

·
Carl Clark's Army
324 Posts
Matazlan, Mex. I think they have a turny in Late November . A Charter is from $175-350, and deep water is only 15 Miles. Look up Mike Maxemin at the docks, he will take you for $250 or so , I stayed at Playa Matzlan in the Beach Zone. No rent cars, the Pulmanias will take you any where for $5.00. Air fare is high, maybe $450-550.00,, Go to Valentinos Disco, on the water till till 4:00 am, then fish....... Pat

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
December fishing

I was relocated from my job in Houston to Brazil last month. In December I expect I will be living in Vitoria, BR. As soon as I get there, I can pass on info to anybody that would want to fish there. I am thinking that I will be down at the docks hanging out in my free time anyway. I know there is some major sportfishing going on there and I suspect December -February is their season. Vitoria is where the 1,402 lb marlin came from. At least I could offer advise that you could bank on. I used to fish offshore POC and would be more impartial than an ad is the back of a sportfishing magazine.

Not sure if I reccommend bring the girlfriend though!!!

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Why not try costa rica further south from quepos or even furthur north at los suenos, they ahve alot of charter boats down there. If you have never been to Los Suenos let me tell you, it is beautiful and top notch all the way. I dont think service is an issue anywhere down there, I got served great no matter where I was. Extremely friendly people down there as you know.

·
Registered
551 Posts
T bAck-Clay,
When will the accomidations be set up for vistiors? I have a bag packed already! I am sure you are getting home sick by now. Did the play Deep Sell yet?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Play Deep

Chicken,

Play Deep has not yet made it on the market. I left that project with my dad and it takes him time. Unfortunately, I do not have any digital pics or I would post here.

I hate to see it go, but unfortunately I can't use it much with me here and it there. If I could get it to Brazil with me, you know I would make the best of it!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts