2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas on where to go fishing in cancun or cheep alternatives to the high priced charters out of the hotels.. i was thinking about going to the local docks and seeing if anyine would let us reel in some fish.. anyone used any guides down there or know of anyone that has a boat down there..

any help will be greatly appreciated
thanks
chad

·
Registered
577 Posts
Myself and Outcast fished out of Puerto Aventuras (just south of Cancun) with Capain Ricks. We caught about 7 nice sized Dorado and 1 Striped Marlin, on a half day trip. Not bad. We had the 38 Trojan Express "Manetto" to ourselves. It was a good boat. We liked it being an Express model. Sorry no pics. They got exposed.

One thing I have learned about fishing out of the country. Contact the Charter Service the day before to make sure no problems. Check your own weather reports and sea conditions. And, it doesn't hurt to go to the dock the day before to preview your boat, talk to your captain, and firm up the deal. Ask if they have all their safety equipment. The US Coast guard isn't coming for you ya know...

·
DF
25 Posts
Head down to Akumal - 1.5 hours south on the "super highway" (trust me, just let them pass on the left). Boats lined up on the beach in Akumal - $100 for 2 hours on a panga. Troll up and down the reef, mainly for dorado. Caught a 30lber in early June. Take it to the Cueva Pescador and they'll cook it for you (and keep the leftovers) - only charge you for the cervezas ($1, I think)....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts