2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about making a solo trip down to Galveston on Saturday while my wife and kids are out of town. I don't realy feel like hauling a bunch of stuff down a pier.

What's the deal with Seawolf Park, I've never fished there. Do you park near where you fish? I guess another option would be the Flagship...

Thanks for your help.

·
JP
548 Posts
if u dont fish the pier u can fish out your car on the channel side...so it just depends but seawolf is a pretty safe place...

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FALCO said:
all i have to say is it can be pretty good some days and suck somedays hope u pick a good day
When its good you have a good chance of catching your limit espically on flounder but when the bites off your not going to catch anything. I dont know bout this summer but last couple have been pretty good for sharks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i like flagship b/c the surf's always got something.

seawolf is streaky. but this old guy i saw alot told me to try casting a silver or gold spoon parallel with the rocks at seawolf. i caught a few trout like that on a slow day. but not much.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I actually ended up going to Flagship. Fished from 2PM - 6:30PM. Caught a BUNCH of fish. Bites on every cast. All sandtrout except for 2 hardheads and 1 croaker. I kept 5 of the sandies.

Sandtrout was about all I saw anyone catching except for 1 three ft shark on the T-head.

Had a good day though, the water was beautiful!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i went there on friday (11pm-4am) and cheated by using a sabiki rig which ended up with about 5 sandies every cast and some croakers. no sharks though.. i threw out a 2 footer ladyfish out there and not even a bite

1 - 8 of 8 Posts