2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Awesome and thanks for the pictures. I used to fish out of Venice La. for 7 years before I lost my boat to Katrana. I can,t begin to tell you how many times we would be running offshore or coming in from offshore and run into those huge schools of red fish. Like in your pictures water would be red from all the fish. One time I grabed a rod that had a bottom rig on it, in other words had and hook and weight. I threw it out and held the rod up high over my head and reeled in as fast as I could. The reds where hitting the 20z weight and then I caught one on the bare hook!!! Thanks for sharing, sure brings back good memorys.

·
Get the Net!
1,236 Posts
WOW!

I've been in schools of reds before but never anything like that! Great pics - looks like you had an opportunity or two to catch a red, eh? :D

·
"He is the ONE"
566 Posts
AAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGG......and here I sit in front of my computer......I just wish I can see that just once in my lfe time....but I wouldn't know what to do. Grab my camera or my fishing rod? that's some great pictures

·
Mansfield Bootlegger
1,381 Posts
the site was so beautiful, i stopped talking to the g/f on the phone and she was yelling and wondering what the heck happened....

·
Banned
296 Posts
There must have been a bunch of people fishing that same school of fish b/c i got the same e-mail from two different people with the same pictures in it two weeks ago.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
subsea78 said:
There must have been a bunch of people fishing that same school of fish b/c i got the same e-mail from two different people with the same pictures in it two weeks ago.
I got the same email yesterday, but mine had deer swimming too, and said it was Pre-Gustov.

·
Shoalwater owner/ concrete guy
5,153 Posts
boashna said:
ok tell the truth , did you catch anyfish lol
\\

. vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to boashna again.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
I saw them like that 1 time many years ago about 2 miles off the beach in front of Bolivar. Pictures are great but it is awesome when you see that herd of bulls up close.

Yes, we did catch 3 or 4 then we caught a 147 lb tarpon later. It was a great day

·
Registered
21 Posts
About a year ago I was fishing bottom at night off on the kennedy ranch shorline. We were pulling in oversize red one right after another. Then all of a sudden we can here them and just barley see with the moon light the school going crazy on top of the water. I couldn't believe that it was a big school of redfish but now that i've seen these pics I know thats what is was. I wish I had some daylight to see it. All I could do was listen in amazment and keep pulling them in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts