2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with side cutter this morning! We fished from Seabrook To LaPorte and had some action...finished with 3 keepers. We caught about 4-5 dinks and 4-5 flounders and a few trash fish. If we had caught all that hit our offering we would have had about a 10.... Started white capping at noon..out of bait so we trailered the boat. Sidecutter caught the biggest and the most...15-22" trout...

Attachments

·
Member and Parrothead
67 Posts
Were you guys hugging the shoreline or hitting some of the reefs in the area?

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Good job guys, James looks like the fishe are starting to show back up in you hole i guess. Good job on the keepers. Did the flounder have any size to them?

Josh

·
Registered
593 Posts
Seabrook/Laporte area

Most of the trout seemed to be in 6-8 ft of water but a few hit in 2-3 ft.Live shrimp under a cork in the deeper water and plastics in the shallow water.
The flounder were about 1/2 in short but a lot of them. I enjoyed fishing with Poppingcork ( Bill) , Another fine person I have met at TTMB and look forward to many other trips with him. We are thinking West Bay on Monday.
The flounder are hitting the red with white tail soft plastic. No trout on topwaters or slow sinkers.
James

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice Work, PoppinCork!

Nice work, Bill. Good to see you're out on water stalking the fish. Spent the week in Albuquerque- nice weather and mountain scenery- but I want to get back to fishing the warm bay waters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts