2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a first for me. Had a great time regardlees of freezing in the a.m. and igniting into flames in the p.m. Friend and associate pastor from the Friendswood Community Church, John Wise, and I met up in the parking lot of the church at 5:30. Barring a low tire on his truck we were still able to get underway before the sun was fully up. Fished arty's only and were able to land three keeper trout, 2 flounder, and 2 reds. Lots of undersized. We each took a Texas Slam (all undersize and released). Water and area looked like great fishing locations, including the Diversion Canal, (?) etc. Saw bait fisherpersons using finger-mullet landing biggo flatties. Had a great time. The cold and then hot temp. change and the intensity of continuous casting wore me out. The good kind of wore out. CF?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Convinced

Well that does it. I'm going to have to get down there.

Great report!
Thanks for the good news.

What type of lures were you using?

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saltwater Assassins

in the 3 inch shad in plum color did the most good for John. I took my TX. Slam on the plum 5 inch Assassin. My keeper red came to a kelly wriggler (soft plastic shrimptail) in the shrimp pattern and two of my keeper trout, as amazing as it is when trout hit something half their size, came to a red head/white body mirro-lure.....the big M77 sinker. LOL! CF?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.