·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you make fish tacos?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Grill onion and jalapenos in butter. Sprinkle lemon pepper and garlic on the fillets (add Tony satcheries if you want a little kick) and pan fry in butter in a HOT cast iron skillet.
Use canola oil if you are more health conscious

·
yakfisher
805 Posts
there are several ways to make your tacos!

my two:
1) red fish on the half shell grilled with red onion and cilantro. basted with garlic butter. take off the grill and push fish off into a plate for everyone to get the amount of fish desired. in a pan i sautee decided red onion, diced garlic, shrimp, and a lil chili pepper (your choice for heat reasons). when almost done i add a lil heavy cream or sour cream to the pan for my finished sauce. warm your tortillas and slice some red cabbage and rip off some cilantro. place red cabbage ontop of fish and add sauce. wash down with a cold beer or glass of wine.
2) the other way i do it is fry the fish but into strips for them to fit on the tortilla and don't add the scrimps to the sauce. just a different way and taste for the mood i am in.

·
Registered
529 Posts
fish tacos in the southern CA/baja sense:
chopped tomatoes,cilantro, cabbage and a yogurt/mayo based sauce.
Use a one to one ratio and add fresh squeezed lime juice to give it a slightly runny consistency.
Some grill the fish others batter and fry (like they do in Ensenada).
a habanero sauce like melindas is nice to spice it up. i prefer a freshly toasted flour tortilla.
serve with black beans.
now I'm hungry!

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Hab. peppers, mayo/yogurt (50/50), dill, capers, and cheyanna (spelling) pepper, and lime juice is the sauce.

Serve on torts with shreaded red cabbage and cilantro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts