2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gusy, haven't posted much around here due to being a rookie just trying to soak it all in. I'm making a trip with my father-in-law on Oct 31-Nov 3 and staying at the state park on Mustang Island. Most saltwater fishing I've done has been offshore so I don't know a lot. He's fished the FP jetties a few times and got into some bull reds last year out there.

I've been seeing reports of flounder kinda moving a bit and same for the bull reds and mullet. Does anyone have up to date info on that area? Also, are there any trout and/or sharks off of those jetties? If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Also, we wouldn't mind wading in the bay a bit but don't know where to start. No 4X4 so far down PINS is not an option but wouldn't mind driving a little. Is anyone else going to be there that wouldn't mind some rookies tagging along? We'd be up for anywhere from Port A to PINS.

thanks in advance,

TFM

PS: Sorry for the non-report

·
Registered
69 Posts
the jetties are great fished them for 1hr yesterday got some 16-19in trout on popping corks and spoons just behind the breaking surf. bullsm are runnin in same area use salt's, squid, or shad and crabs too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts