2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past friday and saturday I had the privlidge of being apart of a overnight trip with Capt. Kirk Wolff on the TNT and a few college buddies. Our trip started like most of my fishing adventures with a minor mechanical repair prior to leaving the dock. Once the repairs were completed we were off towards the breaks to try our luck at some Texas Blue Marlin Fishing. Being an avid bottom fisherman I did not know what to think about all of this trolling around hoping a fish would make its presence known. Thirty minutes after dropping the baits a 15lb Dorado commited suicide by hitting one of the short baits. It didn't take but another 45minutes or so for us to slip back into a state of meditation fueled by the constant hum of the deisel engine. Just as we started second guessing ourselves for commiting to several days of meditation the Penn Int 80tw started crying. Being closest to the whining rod/reel I picked it up and set the hook. After 45 minutes of fighting a mass of flesh and fins we decided we probably had a large mako or something similar. As the double lined leader broke from submersion the blue suited gentleman realized it had been hooked. This lead to a another 35-40 minutes of arial acrobatics all of which were caught on film. Once the fish was brought to the boat a few photographs were taken and the fish released in good condition. A combination of superb efforts from the captain and alot of luck for the amatures produced my first Blue Marlin in Texas waters. Although I've caught the mexican breed there is nothing like cathing one in your own fishing grounds.

As we tied up for the night the rain started in and did not let up until around 530 the next morning. The nighttime bite did not produce much other than a 6 foot eel and a half dozen sharks. At daylight we began trolling and instantly hooked up with the first of a dozen or so blackfin tuna. The first two hours of trolling produced the blackfin mentioned above, two wahoo, and a eight to ten 15-25lb dorado. It was as if the fishing gods turned off the switch to the bite just as the first boat was visible on the horizon at 8:30 or so. Once the fish stopped biting we headed north to a few areas of bottom structure to round out the snapper. It was truly a memorable trip with my first Texas Blue Marlin and my first overnighter. Thanks to Capt. Kirk Wolff and the TNT for a great experience. Photographs soon to follow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Blue Marlin!!!!

Congrats on the blue suit El Jefe. When are you going to have the Parker back in the water. You need to pull an all nighter in that baby.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wildman, I spoke to parker yesterday and they were very non-committal on the solution and time frame. I figure this summer is shot. I am hoping to get this resolved asap. Now that I have spent the night once I have a heck of a lot more confidence and plan on doing it with quite reguhlarity. I figure I will start pulling baits a little more often now that I am a professional billfisherman.Ha Ha.

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
I feel your pain. I have not been in my 3 1/2 yr old boat since 1-11-04 and it's not looking good for another 3 months!

Have they said why they feel the boat to cracked? I will tell you ...if they balk in the least, get the boat surveyed. I didn't and that is what cost me 6 months. I have a guy who will do you right on a survey if you need one.

I hope they do better than Tracker Marine at standing behind there product!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still havent received an answer yet. Parker is sending a truck to pick up the boat. I am looking for an individual versed in fiberglass repair, structural (boat) engineering and a boat surveyor. I am confident that this will be handled properly by the manufacturer, but I also believe in making taking the proper precautionary measures. Any advice from your current situation would be appreciated. The verdict is still out.

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
Most surveyors would satisfy your looking for in an engineer, I think. I used Roy Summers as my surveyor. I don't have his phone number with me today, but I'll post it tomorrow.

I also printed every e-mail I received from them. I know it's easier to use the phone, but it's harder to prove what you've been told. What I did after I spoke with them on the phone, I would e-mail them to confirm what we had spoken about on the phone. I am glad I did because I had warranty one day then I didn't the next.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Pictures from our POC overnighter!!!

Here are the pics from our trip out of POC. It was a great time with lots action. We had a lot of action. It was all icing on the cake after Big Blue showed up. Hurry up and get the Parker back. I am ready to get back in it and start my billfishing career, now that I have mastered subduing one at the boat for a quick pic! I will post some more pics soon. Thanks again to Captain Kirk on the TNT, great trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
NIce pix, bet it was fun. I caught an eel like that off the jetties, wasnt 6 ft but more like 3 ....was the ugliest thing ive seen (besides a sea robin) and had some visious teeth.

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
ElJefe,

Here is Roy Summers phone number;
281-334-6844

IMO-Boat manufactures can't be trusted. They will try to wiggle out of there responsibility if they can. Since I've had the problems I've had I've read many threads where guys have had to fight tooth and nail to get their boat's manufacturer to step up and do the right thing. It's unbelievable how heartless they are.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found out yesterday that Parker picked up the boat on Monday. They will be giving me their answer in the next couple of days. I hope it will not be necessary for me to fly to North Carolina to visit with them. I appreciate the referral.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had been experiencing hull problems as well, and was getting the run around with the dealer and manufactorer until I told them that I was planning on trailoring it to the Houston Boat Show. They took care of the problem "real" quick.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.