PGA Member
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished East Matty today, on our way in, happened upon this big boy

Attachments

·
Professional Salesman
9,757 Posts
I would like to know some general rules about when those guys are not likely to be seen, hibernate, are too slow to be aggressive. I never kill them, but would love to know when I can tromp about and not have to worry about them scaring the bejebbez out of me.

Red and yellow kill a fella, heck,, sight of one gives me a heart attack!!

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
I would like to know some general rules about when those guys are not likely to be seen, hibernate, are too slow to be aggressive. I never kill them, but would love to know when I can tromp about and not have to worry about them scaring the bejebbez out of me.

Me too.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
Badhabit, ROSIE, and I were fishing the marsh when I spotted a snake. ROSIE asked if it could get in the boat....Badhabit said no. I am on the bow when I turned around and the snake had slithered up the outboard and was in the boat. Of course, I was reaching for my pistol...ROSIE was standing in the chair and it was swiveling around in circles. Badhabit just reached over with and flicked it out with his rod tip.

I also had a snake fall out of a tree once about 4" just outside my boat. It scared the you know what out of me.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts

when the outdoor temperature is below 50 degrees or so, but you can't ever be sure and should always be on lookout.

it doesn't really get cold enough around here for most snakes to actually hibernate, but, being cold-blooded creatures, a snake's body temperature is roughly equivalent to the temperature of his surroundings. so, the lower the temperature, the less active a snake becomes.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Badhabit, ROSIE, and I were fishing the marsh when I spotted a snake. ROSIE asked if it could get in the boat....Badhabit said no. I am on the bow when I turned around and the snake had slithered up the outboard and was in the boat. Of course, I was reaching for my pistol...ROSIE was standing in the chair and it was swiveling around in circles. Badhabit just reached over with and flicked it out with his rod tip.
I am wondering how many holes you would have put in the boat trying to kill that snake?

·
PGA Member
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looked to be 4 1/2 to 5 feet long in the ICW near Sargeant, we circled him to get pictures and left him alone. Can't imagine wading seeing him swimming at me

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
Jesus walked on the water!

And I know that's it true!

Sometimes I think that fisherman better do alittle walking too!

Cause I ain't asking nobody for nothing!......

Now we have snakes in the water? When will it end? lol

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
Jesus walked on the water!

And I know that's it true!

Sometimes I think that fisherman better do alittle walking too!

Cause I ain't asking nobody for nothing!......

Now we have snakes in the water? When will it end? lol
I prefer parting the water to get to my spot.. walk over and then fish the edges! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts