2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called Dad yesterday to see if he wanted to fish today. Such a silly question! Bought a pint each of whishkered crusteations to entice the piscatorial quarry that we were seeking, and some that we weren't seeking...lol. We tried the pocket at the Surfside Jetty first. The water was in great shape, except for the occational wave. Saw a few trout being caught, along with a sheepshead and some whiting. No one was really slaying them, so we decided to leave and try our luck at San Luis Pass. Our shrimp did not do well on the trip to the Pass. Had about a half a dozen live ones left. We caught lots of dinks, and Dad did manage a couple of keepers. Most of the trout we caught were on dead shrimp. Had a great time fishing with my Dad, and will be doing more wading in the surf. It sure felt good to be out there today...VJER

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Vic, Glad You had A Good Day....

they say the water is clearing up! The rain slammed us here in Pearland yesterday and was wondering what the water looked like today. There was a 50% chance of that again today. Thanks for the report! CF?

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
glad you and dad had a good day! ive been wondering how the weather was holding how down at the pass this weekend. i know josh (neverenough) and his nephew were camping at the pass this weekend. so far here in alvin, we have had mostly just thunder, not too much rain. but i could tell someone was getting it. vic, did yall have air on the shrimp? wonder why yall lost so many. i hate it when that happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts