2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
surprise i have internet ,, slow as hell but its here, first day observation,is , feels like a film or layer of funk over the island! water got right under my house enough to put the funk all over the hardwoods took the sheen off and left a mildewee film over the floor so, clorox all day etc, now having a few cold ones and tacke more tomorrow!,, looks like a ghost town in my hood but first thing i did was put the american flag on an ol tree stump in front! carry on !!

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
roundman said:
surprise i have internet ,, slow as hell but its here, first day observation,is , feels like a film or layer of funk over the island! water got right under my house enough to put the funk all over the hardwoods took the sheen off and left a mildewee film over the floor so, clorox all day etc, now having a few cold ones and tacke more tomorrow!,, looks like a ghost town in my hood but first thing i did was put the american flag on an ol tree stump in front! carry on !!
Your neighbors will be back. They've got that sand between their toes and if they stay gone too long their gills will start drying out.

As they say in Nascar, keep diggin.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does anyone know about the boil water thing , i got plenty bottle water etc,, jus wondering if we are under a boil water rule can you take a shower safely?

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
The entire island remains under a boil water order until further notice.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so does that mean a shower shoulb be with boiled water after it cools ofcourse?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Boil your shower water only if you're going to drink it! The water should be fine for use for anything besides consumption. Stick to drinking bottled water and beer and you should be just fine. Glad to hear that the island is getting some of its residents back. Good luck with the clean up.

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
no...i think they are talking about drinking and cooking water. Just dont drink from the shower head!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
welcome back. We got our power on today (51st Crockett). to our surprise.... our cable works fine. I even watched some football in HD. We were one of the lucky 10% that didnt have any significant damage. My other house on Beluche is another story. it had over 4' of water. That entire area looks like a disaster zone. Time to rebuild.

·
15,099 Posts
I worked on my downstairs for the last 3 days tearing out, pressure washing and getting ready for new stuff. My new garage doors will hopefully be installed today. Guy took measurements yesterday, (Sunday).
Had 3 feet under my house in garage. But didnt even loose a shingle on the house. Must have had a good builder.
I was one of the lucky ones that had a home to come back to.
Got water and power, no gas.

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
Had about 6' of water under my house in Sea Isle. I still have someone's deck and a storeroom wall in my yard. Will have to rebuild the storerooms and move the breaker box upstairs before I can get electricity back. We won't have water pressure or sewer for some time due to extensive damage to the infrastructure on the west end.

GY

1 - 10 of 10 Posts