2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I love my BillyStix, and now I can't wait to go tryout my SpiralStix!

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
hi guy
glad you like your buddy's new stix, i know i had a full plate for all of nov and dec and now i am just doing pretty much nothing but relaxing here in kentucky with the family, had a little snow and this fla boy aint used to no snow:biggrin: , but i will be back in the shop i belive about wed week so if any one wants to get in touch with me just give me a shout and i can help you out, have a nice christmas and talk to you later, thanks for the nice post slipknot :biggrin:
stix

Attachments

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave Tony his new rod and he looked at it funny and said the eyes don't line up. I told him, "Yea, Billy is blind in one eye and can't see good out of the other eye"!!! LOL. He laughed and said he had heard of the spiral rods but never used one, but can't wait to try it out. He said he has to go get a brand new reel for it now to make it look good with the beautiful rod. He was estatic over his new rod. Thanks again,

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
that's funny, i was telling a fellow today after he ordered his first spiral that he was going to get those very same words when someone first held his :smile:
he told me that he had seen one of my rods in louisanna a while back and was taken aback at first, but he changed his mind after his friend let him fish with it for a couple hrs now he say's i cant wait to get my own crooked eyed rod so i can have the pleasure of not only fishing with it but watching my friends as they try to figure out why i have a lopsided rod.
the spiralstix does do the job for sure and it makes a world of difference.
if i can answer any questions please feel free to give me a shout.
stix

Attachments

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet looking rod...except for the purple color ;).

(go bulldogs!)
Haha, yes, forgot about the PNG thing, however black and gold is not so pretty. I just liked the purple and disreguard the bulldog and indian thing. funny though.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
black and gold is awesome

now i totally disagree with that, i believe that the building of a custom rod if done correctly black and gold is a killer combo, it's one of my favorites as well as black and blue which i have been many'many times in my younger days :rotfl:
stix

Attachments

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That blue and gold is nice. However, as raised up with black and a puke gold for school colors, I hate the combo but that shiny gold is cool looking. Nederland is a pukey gold drab version of gold. That last pic with the pretty blue and flames is cool looking.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
that blue rod that you are speaking of is a blue viper, it is the onlt u.s.a made rod blank to my knowlege, it is made by american tackle and it is truly a great blank they have 2 versions one is slightly lighter for throwing plastic and one better suited for something like top water, the blanl itself is blue also but it is a two tone blue and makes a very nice build. i will post a photo of the blank before it is built.
stix

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts