2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
I helped out with this one back in the early eighties with my dad. It's still cooking some mean briskets. It's was a lot of work for sure. But it's been really rewarding. Started out with just the pit and then before you knew it my oldman wanted some cover.So we closed it in.lol

·
swifty
3,234 Posts
Looks awesome Reel_Blessed II! So the bricks on the interior of the pit are fire bricks? Edumucate me since I'll be doing something similiar.

Thanks
swifty

·
Tabula Rasa
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks awesome Reel_Blessed II! So the bricks on the interior of the pit are fire bricks? Edumucate me since I'll be doing something similiar.

Thanks
swifty
Awesome Melon ! It is tough but rewarding to see the final project.

Correct Swifty. They are fire bricks. Be sure and get fire resistent mortar for those bricks. The brick joints on the outside is regular mortar. On the fire bricks, we turned 4 inwards (clock pattern, 12, 3, 6 and 9) in case the homeowner wanted to set a grate in there and grill.

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
How many pallets of stone did it take you guys for the patio? I checked on some the otherday and they want an arm and leg for that stuff.

·
Tabula Rasa
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many pallets of stone did it take you guys for the patio? I checked on some the otherday and they want an arm and leg for that stuff.
I want to say 2. My bro-n-law lives in SA and this is where it is (I'm in Austin) I helped about 3 days when I could. I believe it was 2 though. I think it was about a ton and 1/2 per pallett and this place charged $240 I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts