2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

http://www.buyfins.com/index.php

This is about the most inexpensive braid that I can find that can be bought on the web. If theres any less expensive thats worth a hoot in 80# r 100#, 1200 yard spools for a deep drop reel, let me know, I sure dont want it to be sorry stuff.

My question is---Have any of you ever used the Original FINS brand pictured above and if so, what is your opinion if you have used it? :confused:

Santas been asking me what I want for xmas, and 1200yds of 80# braid for $103 SOUNDS pretty good.
First thing Ms. Santa asked me when I told her about it and the price
"dang, is it any good, you sure its ok at that price?"

I know, I know, the old saying
"you get what you pay for"

But, who knows, maybe its decent, maybe it not...

So, I'm ask the 2cool

if they have ever used it for her (and me)...

The "riggin up the electromated 6/0 wide spool to catch some 1000' deep tile fish" Hog

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Fished some awhile back. Bought it cheap on sale some place.

My conclusion - given the life span of some of the better spectra out there, I would not buy it again.

I would rank them - among those I've used - as follows - JB Hollow, JB solid, Izor, PP, Fins. Fins seemed relatively thick for the strength rating, was more stiff, and less easily tied (not that this last one was a huge issue or anything.)

If you really want cheap, try dacron.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hog, BMC has 130 JB for 133.00 IMO 130# is better for deep dropping and you can't go wrong with JB. Diameter is proly about the same as others 100#.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Try western filiment's "Tough Line" pretty good for the price and it comes in hi-vis yellow. I find that hi-vis yellow is advantageous if you need to maneuver the boat any will deep dropping, green is real hard to see. We have a 50 that has Fins spectra on it and can't complain. It has been on it since 2001 and since I personaly do not believe line stiffness is a real issue for spectra when used for bottom fishing, we have been happy with it other than it is green. Our Kristals have Tough Line on them and we have been happy with them as well. (Now if we were casting that would be a different story all together)

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:spineyes:
Hog, BMC has 130 JB for 133.00 .
Wacker,
My brain is rattled today, To much expresso in my big Buc-ees cup from home I guess. I cant think who BMC is.... please fill me in, so I can say to my self "dangggg, thats right, why didnt I remember that?" :headknock

Thanks,

Hog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts